Reasons you SHOUDN'T come:
1. This is the end of the f**king world, you have to drive almost 3 hours from Athens Airport on super curvy roads, or to take a train to Piraeus port, from there a boat that you will have to sit on for 2 and half hours and this is not even the end of the trip.
2. There are no shops, clubs, public transportation, doctors or grocery stores in the village - there is one wonderful taverna that's open all year from morning till night and one coffee, so if you are looking for a party or shopping paradise is it the wrong place. We are a 15 minutes car ride from Methana town, where you can get all necessities.
3. We have 6 cats - so if you don't like kittens walking around, coming to say hello in the morning and meowing from time to time - this place isn't for you.
4. This is the wild east, we live in the rural part of Greece, where there are dirt roads, huge lizards sometimes visit and beaches are not developed.
5. Our neighbors: the villagers and the most important - we are just guests here as well, so whoever might mow grass, water olive trees, paint walls, mix cement, etc. It is not considered a "distraction" and we pay maximum tribute to them for accepting us.
6. We love children, but we dont recommend traveling with children - the village is often boring for children and the wine is too delicious - for you to have your child around!
7. We are both 100% vegans, at our programs we serve and offer only plant based food, you will always have the opportunity to eat what you choose at your own free time.
8. We are driving a 20 years old car, it’s comfortable but not a brand new Mercedes.
9. We are NOT tour guides, nor drivers, nor qualified chefs, and our travel blogging, travel writing, cooking workshops are NOT sightseeing tours, we are not a restaurant, or a store.
10. We are trying to be and give the best to all humans, and we hope that the people who come to us - will be like minded.
Possible Ways of Travlling
Methana can be reached by bus or boat from Athens, by driving a car, or by taxi.
Car rental at Athens Airport is available - the journey to us takes about 3 hours, towards Corinth city through the highway, then through a beautiful beach and mountains road by Epidauros, turning towards Galatas town, finally through Methana town up until our littel seaside village: Agios Georgios. We recommend the use of navigation system and we are very happy to send you recommendations where to stop and what to do.
The bus arrives to Galatas town, and runs for about 3 hours. The direct ferry boat from Piraeus - the port of Athens arriving to Methana town in 2.5 hours. There are also speed boats: “Flying Dolphin” that doing Piraeus - Methana in under an hour, or "Flying Cat" arriving to Poros island, where you can take a two mimutes taxi boat ride to the nearby town of Galatas.
From Methana town we are happy to pick you up with our car and take you to your accommodation free of charge, and from Poros / Galatas we offer affordable
transfer to Methana – you’ll only contribute to the price of our gasoline.
We also offer pick-ups, and we have a trusted taxi driver, Panos, who can take you from Athens International Airport straight to our doorstep. The direct drive cost for 200€ Athens-Methana, or 360€ if booked both ways
If you wish for us to meet you in Athens, to take you for a Little Walk in Big Athens, showing you the most famous neighbourhoods, Plaka and Monastiraki, searching for treasures at the flea market, and climbing the mount Acropolis on the day you arrive / leave, surprising you with a welcome or good bye meal.
Keep yourself updated about covid19 restrictions of traveling:
All of our activities offered, room rental, cooking class and meals, will be invoiced as creative workshops / lectures.