One of our favourite recipe: the “carrot dogs”
We are Nimi & Kristóf, animal, human rights, and environmental activists, culinary & culture experience hosts. We left behind the big city life in our previous homes, Budapest, and Tel Aviv-Jaffa, striving for more balanced existence,
now living a minimalist life in a tiny Greek seaside village, caring for our veggie garden, and six naughty cats. Through our travels we work with restaurants, hotels, organisations sharing our values of promoting sustainability, diversity, and inclusion.
Our motto is harmless living - for sentient creatures, our motivation is trying to leave as small of an ecological footprint as possible. Vote for a better world - where us beautiful creations don't abuse one another. We believe, such feats will awaken us:
we are one, created to care for each other – with wholesome food, caring love. We are grateful if you share the exciting news with your friends & followers, and if you happen to work or collaborate with vegan, low / zero waste, eco-living publications.
Ingredients (for 6 "sausages"):
salt and pepper
1 tbsp. maple, or other natural syrup
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. mustard
1 tsp. smoked paprika
2 cloves garlic
2 tbsp. olive oil
For the mayo:
100ml soy milk
200ml olive oil
1 tsp mustard
few drops of lemon
a few drops of vinegar
1. We preheat the oven to 190C/380F and place a baking sheet on a baking tray, baking dish or baking grill.
2. We boil water in a pot and season well with smoked paprika, salt, pepper, a bit of soy sauce and 1 tsp. mustard.
3. While the water boils up we peel the carrots, round their ends to resemble sausages and drop them into the hot water where we let them cook soft enough for the fork to easily slide in but not yet too mushy.
4. During this time we make the marinade: we mix maple syrup, soy sauce, mustard and crushed garlic with olive oil and cover the sausages in it.
5. They can now go into the oven, where we almost burn them within 15 minutes, turn them mid-time to bake all sides.
6. We serve it hot, with the dips.
7. For vegan mayo we’ll need 2 part olive oil and 1 part soy milk. We blend the soy milk with 1 crushed clove garlic, 1 tsp. mustard, ½, lemon juice and while constantly working the hand blender , we pour in the olive oil, little by little. It needs at least 5 minutes of mixing for it to become a thick, creamy mayonnaise. If you really want an eggy taste, add some Himalayan black salt too.